It’s about using travel to get enough distance from your ordinary life to realize just how extraordinary it is. In so doing, you’ll also discover more: more meaning, adventure, relationships, purpose, happiness, creativity, fulfillment, joy or whatever you want more of in your life.
Through stories, insights, research findings and exercises gleaned from 40 years of travel to over 50 countries, you’ll learn how to:
- Experience a different, more meaningful kind of travel many long for but few find.
- Discover the best places to visit and how to find hidden wonder anywhere.
- Turn your trip into a learning laboratory to try out new interests, personas and travel adventures that go beyond your wildest travel bucket list dreams.
- Pursue unusual quests and ask unexpected questions to connect deeply with locals — even if you’re an introvert.
- Grow your confidence and courage on a trip in safe, fun, and exciting ways whether you travel solo or with others.
- Discover and savor the happiest part of your trip by connecting your creative passions with what you discover on your journey.
- Turn the inevitable bad times on a trip into peak moments and lasting memories.
- Develop new ways of seeing that involve all your senses.
- Do a volunteer vacation in a way that helps rather than hurts.
- Plan a trip more easily and pack better by leaving behind unhelpful baggage, both physical and emotional.
- Experience and even create magic moments for you and others anywhere.
- Discover a new way to think about time that will transform your trips.
- End any trip well by practicing this one secret to wrapping up a trip memorably.
- Apply your trip to your life so that each day at home feels more like an adventure.
Whether you’re a beginning traveler or are into adventure travel, family travel, slow travel, sustainable travel or just wanting a better vacation or holiday, this different kind of travel book offers a refreshingly different way to approach travel and life. It’s an inspiring perspective that works for road trips near home, journeys to international destinations, or even when you can’t travel.