For a limited time, receive a free Fodor’s Guide to Safe and Healthy Travel e-book with the purchase of this guidebook! Go to fodors.com for details.
Whether you want to explore London, hike the Highlands, or marvel at Stonehenge, the local Fodor’s travel experts in Great Britain are here to help! Fodor’s Essential Great Britain guidebook is packed with maps, carefully curated recommendations, and everything else you need to simplify your trip-planning process and make the most of your time. This new edition has been fully-redesigned with an easy-to-read layout, fresh information, and beautiful color photos. Fodor’s “Essential” guides have been named by Booklist as the Best Travel Guide Series of 2020!
Fodor’s Great Britain travel guide includes:
- AN ILLUSTRATED ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE to the top things to see and do
- MULTIPLE ITINERARIES to effectively organize your days and maximize your time
- MORE THAN 80 DETAILED MAPS and a FREE PULL-OUT MAP to help you navigate confidently
- COLOR PHOTOS throughout to spark your wanderlust!
- HONEST RECOMMENDATIONS FROM LOCALS on the best sights, restaurants, hotels, nightlife, shopping, performing arts, activities, and more
- PHOTO-FILLED “BEST OF” FEATURES on “Great Britain’s Best Museums”, “Great Britain’s Best Castles”, and more
- TRIP-PLANNING TOOLS AND PRACTICAL TIPS including when to go, getting around, beating the crowds, and saving time and money
- HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL INSIGHTS providing rich context on the local people, politics, art, architecture, cuisine, geography and more
- SPECIAL FEATURES on “Golfing in Scotland”, “What to Watch and Read Before You Visit,” and “What to Eat and Drink”
- LOCAL WRITERS to help you find the under-the-radar gems
- UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE ON: London, Oxford, Cambridge, Bath, the Cotswolds, Liverpool, Stratford-Upon-Avon, Manchester, Stonehenge, York, Cardiff, Snowdonia National Park, Edinburgh, Glasgow, St. Andrews, Loch Ness, the Highlands, Isle of Skye, and more
Looking for more detailed guides on Great Britain? Check out Fodor’s London, Fodor’s Essential England, and Fodor’s Essential Scotland.
*Important note for digital editions: The digital edition of this guide does not contain all the images or text included in the physical edition.