During this COVID-19 state of emergency, the governor has granted Executive Order 20-68, which allows a six month extension on All active permits. In order to assist you with your permits, the Building Department is automatically extending permits that are due to expire; this extends the permit for an additional six month period. Permits must be in active status for the extension with no fees.
Extension application is required for all TCO permits, e-mail completer application to BuildingAdministration@miamibeachfl.gov .
- If you see that a permit has expired after March 10, A permit extension may be applied for via CSS using the Building online application. Upload the application and any letters of explanation for the extension request.
- Only online applications are allowed.
- All applications for specific permit types not found on the online application list, must use the Building Online Application available on Citizen Self Service (CSS) for processing there is a $50 fee.
- All applications for sub-permits must be applied for using Customer Self Service (CSS) the master permit must be in issued status to apply for a sub-permit.
- During the COVID-19 Emergency Period, design professionals may submit scanned drawings and documents in lieu of a digital signed and sealed set along with the required affidavit which can be downloaded here.
- All permits that have not been issued are required to upload all documents for review.
- Any previous 24Hr plans which were disapproved, must upload all corrections via Citizen Self Service (CSS)
- Any 24Hr plan brought on Tuesday, March 24 will be invoiced. If approved and the remaining balance has been paid, via Citizen Self Service (CSS), the permit card will be delivered via email or be made available for download via Citizen Self Service (CSS). The inspector will bring the approved plan to the site for the first inspection.
- All issued permits, will be allowed to continue/begin work (if the individual’s association allows the work).
- During COVID-19 period, we must work together. The City of Miami Beach building inspectors will be performing checks of the logs on safe site practices. Lack of compliance with CDC recommendations on construction sites will result with the issuance of a violation and depending on the severity, may require that the site be closed down for a 14day period up to and including the revocation of a permit.
- All construction projects with greater than 8 workers shall conduct health checks on all employees daily and keep notes of the screening on site and provide temperature screening log. Click here for the city’s Self Screening form.
For specific trade and permitting questions contact the Chiefs and/or Operations Manager to arrange for an appointment. Digital and phone appointments with Chiefs and Operations Manager are available upon request. North Beach Office will continue to be closed to the public until further notice.
City Clerk & Special Masters
Customers needing assistance may call the Office of the City Clerk at 305.673.7411 or the Office of the Special Master at 305.673.7181. Telephones will be answered from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Customers are encouraged to use the Clerk’s online resources or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Code Compliance Department
Code Compliance walk-ins are closed. Residents or businesses that need assistance should call Code Compliance at 305.604.CITY(2489)
Click here to view the City Clerk’s meeting notice webpage.
City Hall Open for Passport Services & Bus Pass Program Applications
The city’s Customer Service Center (1755 Meridian Avenue) is available Monday through Friday by appointment only, to provide Passport services and process applications for the Golden Pass and Patriot bus pass program. Appointments can be scheduled by calling the call center at 305.604.CITY or online here.
Environment & Sustainability
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the City Tree Removal Permit process is now paperless. When applying for a City Tree Removal Permit, an electronic application submittal is required. Click here for more information.
The Cashier’s Office within the Finance Department is closed to the public until further notice. We encourage you to make any payments online here or here. If absolutely necessary, payments can be made by appointment by calling 305.673.7466, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Applications for Land Use Board approval, Determination of Architectural Significance, Zoning Verification Letters and requests for Zoning Determination by the Planning Director are all web-based and continue to be received and processed. Planning permits including window signs, construction signs and banners are also being accepted and processed. Please visit the Planning Department’s page at www.miamibeachfl.gov/city-hall/planning/ or call our offices at 305.673.7550 for more information.
Public Works Department
The City of Miami Beach Right-of-Way (ROW) permit counter is closed.
ROW permit applications will continue to be accepted and processed for faster issuance once restrictions are lifted. Customers can use the citizen self service (CSS) portal at www.MBSelfService.com to submit their applications, receive comments and pay permit fees online. In order to facilitate the online process, process workflows and checklists for each permit can be found here.
The City of Miami Beach ROW Section strives to maintain the highest levels of customer service. To that end, the Right of Way general inbox (email@example.com) will serve as a centralized location for questions and concerns.